Friday, February 17, 2012

Misc Friday

Paperwork. The fifth graders of our District are prepping for 5th Grade Camp at the end of March. Paperwork has been sent home and I am busy getting it all organized and writing all the different checks for sweatshirts, rockets, and tuition. I can't believe my baby is going to Camp C*! Seems like yesterday we were sending our first born. This time around I will admit that I am more confident. I know what to expect, which is half the battle of parenthood - knowing what is coming at your kiddos.

Chocolates. I received a nice box of chocolates for Valentine's Day from my Sweetheart. I am finding that the combo of dark chocolate and lemon is my favorite. Mmm-Hmm!!

Love. My son wrote a personal note to each member of our family for Valentine's Day. The sweetest, most heartfelt, most personal note to each of us. That is just the kinda sweet boy that he is. My love-note included only the ingredients to a recipe. It took me allllll day to figure out what it would make. Can you figure it out?
2 cups self rising flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup teff flour
5 cups warm water

Teens. Oh my, my girl is growing up. I am thankful for all that she is and has become. I am excited for her future and the good choices she continues to make. Her second quarter/first semester grades were received via the mailbox yesterday. Amazing girl. So happy for her ~ she is an independent worker and every grade she received was truly all from her. Smiles here.

Book. My dear friend mailed my girl and I a book to read; Start Something That Matters by Blake MyCoskie, the founder of TOMS shoes. The note was super sweet from my friend, and both my girl and I are excited to get started reading.

Break. The kids have a week off from school next week in honor of Mid-Winter Break. It feels like we are cheating, since we had an entire week off of school in January due to our unexpected snowstorm. Seems like the kids have not had a consistent schedule for a very long time; between the breaks, and the random half days on Friday's for teacher meetings. We will be hanging out with friends, and getting some school projects accomplished.

Family. My mom's January surgery continues to show success, but she still has some catching up to do that will just take lots of patience and time. She'll get there ~ she is one determined SuperWoman! My niece has been home one week from the hospital, all tubes removed this week, and blood work continues to show no signs of infection. So happy!! She is resting at home and will return back to school after break.

Dogs. Simple and joyful. Not every day is stellar with the puppy, but even those moments make us pause and laugh at her antics of misbehavior. She is just a little toddler that can throw a fit doggie style. For the most part, however, she is just an angel. Our Beagle continues to be the Diva of the four legged's and has not changed in personality one.bit. - still very well behaved, cuddly, and passive-aggressive.  Awww, Cora!! We like her spunk and attitude, and her favoritism to the two-legged's in the house.