There's been a lot on our family plate lately, with the medical "stuff" of my mom's and niece's situations only being a portion of "what's up" in our life. So when I came home from volunteering today in my son's classroom to find these plunked into the pots on our porch, I smiled ... and grabbed my camera.
My hubby generally works from home, minus Monday's when the house if filled with newbie and veteran piano students. Otherwise, he is home and I can overhear conversations wafting from his closed den door while he's on conference calls, or I see a peak of him during lunch time when we sit together and catch-up mid-day over a taped television show and lunch. We see a lot of one another. Thankfully, that works great for us!!
So when he is missing in action because the conference calls turn into face to face meetings, my house is quiet and lonely and I am not a fan. I will be honest and say it was a good-30-day transition years ago when he started to work from home. I will fully admit that it cramped my stay-at-home-mom-lifestyle. I am glad my attitude changed because now I like him home more than I like him away.
When I saw the hearts on the porch today, it was just what I needed. A gentle pick me up to coming home to an empty house, knowing I'd have lunch by myself, and no friendly face to chat our over-sized family plate with. I don't know if he did it on purpose, or if he just stumbled upon the signs in the garage and thought, with five days remaining until Valentine's Day, it'd be better to have them out than in.
No matter which it was ... Awww ... loved the love signs!!
Side Note Update: My niece came home last night, and my son is back in school. All is well!! Yay!
1 comment:
How sweet?
Is your niece home?
Post a Comment