Thursday, September 1, 2011

School Schedule

Our school district does not open until Tuesday, but today was the day they turned on the computer system for students to check their schedules. There has been lots of texting going on in our household between my girl and her friends.

Being the first born, my girl and I don't know the 7th grade teachers. So ... while I would like to know the quality of the staff, my girl is not interested in that 411, and is (rightly so) all about knowing which friend is on which team of teachers. My girl is thrilled with each new text message that comes in that has a match for her team titled Team Excellence.

With each squeal, I just pray that she will not loose focus on academics. Things are so far looking good in the social department.

My girl has a new friend joining the ranks of seventh grade. She is my bloggy-friend and real-friend's daughter who is transferring into the school. Today was New Student and Sixth Grade Orientation day. My girl went to help her new friend get all the scoop about the halls, teachers, Dean of Students, all that stuff.

In all honesty, I thought they did not prove the most welcoming to New Students as my friend did not receive as warm of a welcome as I had hoped. Most everything was tailored to the incoming class of sixth graders. Too bad.

But - the girls seemed to enjoy their time comparing schedules and walking the route. My friend and I enjoyed standing in line, and another line, and another line paying the bills and getting things in order for sports. But what better time to stand in line than with a friend!
Oh, and she brought her sweeeeeet baby girl that I got to flirt with from her Mamma's arms. This is the sweet pea that came home two weeks ago. She is such a happy girl and a true beauty. It was a definite good morning for all the girls!

Best wishes to a great 7th grade school year, Girls!!!

3 comments:

Tina in CT said...

I don't get all the texting. Why not just call each other on the phone?

Elle J said...

Yes, the phone would be more personal. :)

Tina in CT said...

Can you tell that I don't text? I don't even think my phone has it as it's several years old. I don't want an iPhone - don't need all of those features.