We purchased a water proof disposable camera the day we ventured off into the waters of the Yellowstone River during a Thunder, Lightening, and Rainstorm last August. But it has taken us way too long to turn in the film. I would not call it laziness, but more of a lack of convenience to hassle with film that it has taken me this long.
Okay, whatever, I was lazy at first and then I forgot about the camera. When it resurfaced this week I turned it in and requested they put the snapshots on CD, rather than print. I was thinking digital about the old style film process and it worked like a charm.
There is something neat about the old-time feel of these prints. A cheap camera + film = nostalgic feel that I love. The photos speak for themselves, and I adore them more now than had I developed them in August. To read the story behind the day, click here.
To see the Family Fun on the Yellowstone River via disposable camera, see below:
3 comments:
Love the picture of your husband with the wet, spiked hair.
Are those unedited? Cause if so, I'm pretty impressed with your photog skills, considering your tool! Very nice shots! Makes me want to go to Yellowstone...except then I remember you said you were wet and cold! (lol)
Rachael ... completely untouched! In fact, my hubby being the pro photographer and graphic designer said, "Wait to publish the photos on your blog and I'll clean them up." The kids and I were insistent that he NOT touch them because we love the look and feel of the quality, or lack thereof. Something unique about them. :) And yes, you need to go to Yellowstone, even if it turns cold and storms, still worth it. :)
Post a Comment