We are soon headed out the door for another vacation. I am told there is laptop capabilities at this destination and perhaps the speed will be such were photos could be included. So daily readers, stay tuned as you might get updates here. Or you might just be looking at this post for awhile ....
I remember July '07, eating at an outdoor cafe as a family, looking at the clouds as the slight wind blew our summer jackets, deciding as a family whether to reschedule our Whistler, B.C. vacation. We were ready to leave in three short days, and the weather forecast was gloom. It was mid-July, many weeks of summer were left; we contemplated whether August would be a better thought. We had already started washing and organizing, could we really just stop, put everything away, and start over in our excitement a month later? No, we decided that we'd go for it, and it would be
just fine.
Regarding weather, it was
not just fine. Regarding our fun and making the most of it, yeah, we were okay there.
As we woke this past Saturday morning to clouds with a weather forecaster telling us rain and clouds for the weekend, a cheerful pick me up sunshine later in the week, and then return to more clouds and rain
right during our vacation plans; my husband and I said nothing and just continued our morning routine.
It took about fifteen minutes later when instantaneously we looked at each other and said, "We should jump on the sunshine and switch our vacation plans." Two hours later, our friend had been called with a thumbs up for watching Cora, many, many, many rings later a thumbs up on a hotel room was achieved, and all the miscellaneous cancels on our end for golf, professional window cleaning, and
(sigh) a cancel on a family barbecue, we are set for our vacation to begin shortly!
Trying to avoid using this:
We are looking forward to using this:
