I am going to make this short. I can feel the pain just thinking about this contraption that my girl had inserted today at the Ortho. Of course I am not going to ask to take a photo of her mouth, so the next best thing for our memory-book is this illustration I found on the internet.
My girl is tough. I would be crying and in bed and vowing to never exit until this was taken off.
But rather, my girl is finding herself continuing to smile and laugh and carry on. Well, okay, so she took a much deserved nap after school, but during the hours of wake time she looks to be in pain, but says otherwise. She admits it is uncomfortable, but she is not complaining.
She definitely takes after her daddy.
Her appointment was scheduled mid-day and she was going to just come home after the hour appointment. But, she learned recently that she had to make a Science presentation at the same time she was scheduled to be in the Ortho chair.
Thankfully, our Orthodontists' scheduling desk is amazing and supportive of school over teeth, and the sweet employee wiggled my girl's appointment to earlier in the morning. The compromise was that my girl still had to have her spring put in today, but she could attend Science class to get her presentation grade. Pain or no pain, she made it clear to me that she was not going to miss this grade.
Two hours after returning her to school, she came out smiling that her presentation went great!
I am not sure how long this spring will be in place, but the purpose is to correct her 70% overbite. They promise it is a much quicker procedure than wearing rubber bands. I think it is obvious that this will work better than rubber bands as it is 1) metal, and 2) you can not cheat and remove it throughout the day. Thankfully, there are perks!
I love you, my tough girl!! You take pain exceptionally well without complaint. I think dancing on that broken toe two summers ago taught you more than you thought it would!! (wink). xoxo

2 comments:
I remember that hurt toe post! And you're right: that contraption is purely barbaric. Poor, brave girl. Glad she is handling it well!
MK - self-confidence was getting the best of her this morning getting ready for school. She had to get back to school so quickly yesterday after the appointment, I don't think she had time to think. Give her many hours and a restless night, and she was not feeling very confident this morning. =( Growing up is tough. Sigh.
Post a Comment