My cousin Kyra is the owner of Crave Bake Shop - the Champion featured many times on Food Network's Cupcake Wars with the gluten free cupcakes. I have had the opportunity to try her tasty sweets many times and my only worry after eating them was wishing she had a shop in my city. They are delicious!
Recently she came out with a Crave Cupcake Mix that you can purchase from her shop. The dry ingredients allow you to make her Gluten Free Cupcakes out of your own kitchen. I was in! My mom and I purchased some boxes and went together on the shipment. We could not wait to try it out.
The box arrived this week and we immediately set a date to try the Vanilla Mix. Being sure to read the directions carefully, we all played our part in getting the mix ready for baking. Her box was entertaining with a bio about her on one side, and the text "Stop Reading This Box and Start Baking!" on the bottom. Ha! Love it.
My son found a buttercream frosting to make from the Food Network Magazine that was amazing! It is now our go-to cake frosting recipe. Why have I not thought of this before?! Melt in your mouth good kind of frosting.
Excuse the mess of the cupcake post-frosting. While we know how to bake and follow directions, and even create things truly from scratch, our decorating skill needs a lot of work. We were having fun and enjoying the laughs, while commenting that Kyra would never hire us. The decorating team at Crave have job security when matched to ours. Another reason why we need her bakery here ~ so we can enjoy beautiful cupcakes!!
Sloppiness aside, the cupcakes were fantastic!!! We found the taste just about matched Kyra's bake shop. I say "just about" because I don't really think that a box mix could ever match perfectly with the amazing talent and expertise of a professional pastry chef that are found at Crave. Having tried a Crave Cupcake, and tried our boxed Crave Cupcake ... I would vote a thumbs up to both because the mix fills in the craving magnificently of Crave when they are not in your hometown.
Hands down, without hesitation, I will continue to purchase Crave Cupcake Mix from Kyra. You can too; just call Crave Bake Shop!!
1 comment:
The cupcake with the high frosting and chocolate sprinkles is quite pretty. Bet you all had fun baking, decorating and eating.
Would you please post the butter cream frosting recipe? Thanks
Post a Comment