So says the agreement between my son and his teacher.
The Social Studies lesson they are learning is about Colonial Times and they are grouped into Families for some learning and role playing. It is a neat lesson and the kids get pretty active into the pretend story that plays out before them as the unit continues. My son is the young teenage boy in the family; with our neighbor girl being his mother. The teams of families are chosen by the teacher and the bio/story line for each child and family is too.
The weekend homework assignment was to create "their person" in the form of a
My son was the only one to create his
I am learning this year that my son is an independent worker - right down to every detail of his learning. I did not even read the assignment. He just did it all by himself literally from head to toe, and allowed me a quick picture before he slipped it into his backpack. He does this with all of his work. He just prefers to be left alone to handle. And I think that is a pretty awesome thing to learn so young!
Until his grades prove otherwise that he needs intervention, I support letting him learn by doing his way. It is working. And I am enjoying watching him grow independently.
2 comments:
My daughter was completely independent too and did her own thing/homework. Sure makes it easy being the parent of such a child.
He did a great job.
He's smart. He knows he has to do his homework and that doing it himself, right away is faster than waiting for the last minute and whining for help. I'm the same way. I'd rather just get in and get something done than to wait for someone to help me. (still like to procrastinate though.) or worse, have to ask for help.
Post a Comment